Craftspeople at book stations
As a book station is further extended more spaces for craftspeople can be added.
Anyone working with paper or timber would be a great addition since these craftspeople can use the same raw material suppliers as the book workshops.
Such craftspeople would include a lampshade creator, an instrument builder or a woodworker who specialises in book shelves, writing desks or reading benches.
Another related craft, at least with respect to writing books, would be a pen & pencil maker whose workshop could include a pen recycling area.
With regard to crafts, a book station’s team aims at:
- providing the local community with the kind of crafts needed in this area
- supporting cooperation & synergies among the different craftspeople
- supporting the craftspeople with respect to admin & sales so that they can focus on their work
- organising a regular farmers’ market where the craftspeople can offer their products
- and supporting training offers.
next: Artists at book stations